Re: was It's Coming- Side Screen Register- now model years

Subject: Re: was It's Coming- Side Screen Register- now model years
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:34:55 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall
>> The full-size Chevrolet, for
> instance, was not identical in body style from year to year until the
> version which commenced for the 1965 model year.

Not identical certainly, but it wasn't unusual for many parts to fit.
For example, fenders from a 61 Impala would fit a 62 Biscayne.  So would
much of the chrome trim, tailights, etc.  Not identical, but usable.

Randall - whose first car was a 62 Biscayne in need of _many_ junkyard
parts <g>
<

A friend of mine in high school had a white 64 Impala.  After he rear ended
someone he bought a front clip from a maroon 63 Belair.  It all fit but the
lines didn't match.  Nor did the color.

Ask me again and I'll tell you how he ended up with a folding front seat in
his four door car.

Dave