Re: "Aircraft stripper" and after

To: "David Willett & Carol Gray" <willgray@region.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Aircraft stripper" and after
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 15:10:44 -0400
It's called "Aircraft Remover" - made by http://www.kleanstripauto.com. Sold
at Auto Zone (and other places as well, I would imagine) here in the
US...don't know if you have them in Canada.

Most of the paint's been off of my car since late winter - no treatment of
any kind. So far, it's lasted through the humidity of summer without a hint
of rust (other than what I found when I stripped the paint in the first
place! YMMV.

So far, it's taken 3 gallons (@ $20 ea) and will probably need at least two
more - and that's just for the wings, doors, bonnet and boot lid. Stripped
the tub with a rotary wire brush and will have the front apron blasted (some
pitting and I want to make sure I get it all).

If anyone does have a suggestion as to what can be used to prevent rust
before application of any primer or paint, I'd be interested in knowing as
well. I know rust is inevitable...it IS a Brit car, after all!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L...O
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'...Dave Barry