Re: TR2/3 Gearbox & OD Identification

To: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2/3 Gearbox & OD Identification
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:28:01 -0400
Brian Sanborn previously wrote:

> TR2 from TS5980-TR4 to October 1964
>
> The gearbox may be a factory refurbused replacement item

Yup, dating the OD was the easy part.  General consensus (well yourself and
Brian at Power British) is that it is probably a replacement gearbox.  I'm
finding consistent differences between the case I have and correct TR2/3/4
cases, my case resembles the TR6 ones...

So far the best guess I have is that D28 A 71, means A for A-type OD... 1971
for the date code of the gearbox remanufacture?  Fred Thomas had some D28 A
59s.

Jonmac, Jonmac?

Cheers,

Kai