Re: 72 gt6 performance problems

To: larry stein <lstein@ehc.org>, triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 72 gt6 performance problems
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:22:39 -0500
Larry...are you driving my car?

I have almost all the same problems. From what I understand, most of the
problems
arise from trying to tune the engine without the vacuum retard. I know
mine is
not working, so I have the timing at 10d BTDC. I would like to go to 12
or 13
degrees, but then I can't get the idle down. My throttle stop screws are
almost
all the way out now and I'm still at 950 rpm.  I can get a good idle at
6d BTDC,
and bring the idle down to 650 rpm, but then I get no acceleration
unless I run
the carbs way too rich.

Anyone have a few ideas?

Jim