RE: Wondering -- Sharing Parts with other vehicles

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: RE: Wondering -- Sharing Parts with other vehicles
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:44:55 -0600
Thanks Carl, Adrian, and Rich for the replies.

I have seen the cross listings for other Triumphs that both Adrian and Carl
mention, but am curious whether other vehicles used our parts as well.  For
instance, J-type overdrives were used on Volvos and Triumphs.  I've heard
SAAB used some Standard / Triumph parts.  Perhaps other marques used the
same mechanical fuel pumps, carbon canisters, .....  (you get the picture).

I figure that junk yards are more likely to have one example from a list of
several different marques that might share our parts, rather than banking on
a yard having one particular make of vehicle.

???

Eric
Carl Sereda wrote:
Yes - in the front pages of the TR4 FACTORY SPARE PARTS CATALOGUE parts are
listed include codes for 'parts shared' (with 17 other Standard-Triumph
models) also indexed by 'Alphabetical' and 'Numerically'  - but of  course
the TR6 was not in production at the time of this TR4 catalogue ...Maybe the
TR6 Catalogue has this info as well - anyone?

Carl '63 TR4