Re: two in one day!

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, "triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: two in one day!
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:46:16 -0500
From: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>

>This evening was warm so she (not the water-aerobics instructor) and I
>climbed into the Spitfire for a cruise.  We went out into the countryside
>and listened to the radio as the Red Sox pull out a win.

Dammit.  I think they were beating the Twins.

>Life is great in an LBC!

Yes.  Sue and I found that out at the Back to the 50s street rod convention
in Saint Paul last weekend.  The fairgrounds was host to almost 10,000
pre-1965 cars, including TR44SUE.  Although britcars were a distinct
minority, there were several nice comments.

In fact, one guy yelled at me not to start it once.  He was afraid I would
drive it away before he could get to it with his wife.  He wanted to show
her a TR4 because he wants to buy her one.  Sounds familiar.  I could not
stay with them for too long since Sue was waiting for me at the Tokens /
Bowser concert on the other end of the grounds.  I found a place a half
block away from the bandshell, between a chopped '40 Ford and an XK120.

We did one pass of the cruisin' loop on the way out and drove home via
Mississippi River Boulevard and historic Summit Avenue (home to James J
Hill, Sinclair Lewis and F Scott Fitzgerald).  Perfect weather, perfect
night.

Life is great in an LBC!

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher