Youth & old cars

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Youth & old cars
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:16:58 -0000 FILETIME=[39163B60:01C0FDFF]
OK, my two bits......

Both my kids (daughters) just love our collection of old cars.  We bought a
'71 BMW 2002 when they were in high school (their car, right? well, mine
too!)  They both still love the car.  Given half a chance, I'm sure my
oldest would become a real gear head.  She knew how to clean and adjust the
old single barrel Solex carb (because a necessity when we had some junk in
the lines.)

Since then we have acquired the '59 TR3 and the '54 Doretti.  They aren't
living at home now (the cars are all mine!) but they still just love all of
them.

Other than the fact that one lives in NYC where you almost can't have a car,
and they both work about 12 hours a day, they are interested, just don't
have that much time right now.  I can imagine in the future (when they have
the time and money,) they will collect some old car to drive around in on
warm sunny weekends.  Yes, it might be and old Miata or Z3, but it will be
"old" at the time.  By that time our lbcs will be in the REAL OLD catagory -
just like the sports cars of the 30's are now - REAL RARE!

Back into the woodwork...
     Frank (2 many projects)