Front suspension / steering query

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front suspension / steering query
From: "Linkens, Andy" <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:21:29 +0100
Hi,
I have a query about the front suspension / steering on my Vitesse. If I go
up over a road hump which is split into two so that one wheel can avoid the
hump (lots of nasty ones in the UK) then the steering wheel gets jerked in
one direction by a couple of inches and it gets jerked back when I come down
off the hump. I get the same problem if I hit a pothole or drain cover on
the road. - however if both wheels go over at the same time then it seems to
be OK.
Should this be normal or is there a suspension/steering problem on my car?
I have 175/70's on 51/2 steel rims which makes the front steering heavy
normally - also adjustable Spax's and Moss uprated front springs.
BTW I have also noticed that the car hops about quite a bit on bumpy roads
at average speeds,
any help would be appreciated,
thanks
Andy