TR6 intake manifold gasket woes

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: TR6 intake manifold gasket woes
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:50:57 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Boothroyd, Frank"
>So last night we put on a new head gasket and in-so-doing destroyed the
new
"high performance" intake manifold gasket that I'd ordered for placement
during the engine job.  No sweat.  We simply installed the ordinary intake
gasket that came with the gasket kit that had the new head gasket.

Well it doesn't fit.  One relatively big gap and a few small ones allowing
air to suck into the cylinder thingies.
<

Frank, there is a difference in the intake ports between the early and late
TR6 heads.  Concequently the mainfold and gasket have to be for that
particular head.  If you have an early TR6 and you bought a head gasket kit
for a late model then you have the wrong gasket (all the other gaskets are
OK).

BTW there is no difference in port locations for the exhaust port so you
can swap exhaust manifolds all you want.

Dave