Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint

Subject: Re: Silicone Fluid ruins (white) paint
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:23:34 -0700
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Good point, there are other important additives (like seal sweller) that
might also be affected by your 'washing' process.

BTW the purple dye is supposed to be so people don't mix the two, adding
DOT 3/4 to a DOT 5 system.  Different brands of DOT 5 seem to have
different amounts of dye, the stuff I got from TRF is almost clear.

I would guess that a little lacquer thinner would remove the dye from
paint, and a little wax would keep it from staining next time (as well
as helping preserve the paint).

Randall