TR4 measurements and seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 measurements and seats
From: "Barry Robinson" <sprite059@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:52:42 +1000 FILETIME=[9B10CCB0:01C0F2D1]
I am rebuilding and modifying a TR4 and need some answers please.
Can anyone tell me the distance between the upper suspension mounts ( centre
of the bolts) where the rubbers fit on as my car has accident damage and I
cant seem to get the correct distance between the towers. The measurements
on the factory diagram don't seem to add up.
I am also thinking of using Miata seats so if anyone is successful I would
like to know.
How hard is it to get a Surrey Top for a TR4 does anyone make them out of
fibreglass and can you get new glass? I live in Australia so freight may be
a problem.
I am also putting in a CA18 det turbo motor and gearbox as my car was a
basket case with no running gear, does anyone know how much horsepower the
standard diff will handle
Thanks for the help
Barry Robinson
Dubbo Australia