generator problems

To: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Subject: generator problems
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:06:09 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Rich White"
>Before I give up on the generator and convert to an alternator,
does anyone have an idea why my generator would be putting out
too much voltage.  Is this an adjustment of my new regulator?
Is the someway the generator could be broken that would cause it
to produce too high a voltage?
<

Rich,

First of all, make sure that the regulator is grounded.  The voltage
sensing  coil needs a good ground connection.  As far as calibration, the
regulator should come factory calibrated.  If you fiddle with the
adjustments you may very well be sorry.  They are touchy.

Dave