Re: generator problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: generator problems
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:28:35 +1000 FILETIME=[37146CC0:01C0F21E]
Cc: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Randall (everyone),

Thank you for your reply. I will try to check the generator, but I am
concerned as sometimes after charging well for a little while with no
electrics on the car begins to discharge. It discharges regardless of the
revs that I give it. Also when the car runs the red ignition light is almost
constantly glowing, regardless of the revs that I give it. I think that may
mean that my generator simply can't keep up with the current electrics,
regardless of rpm.

I think I wil have to go for an alternator, regardless of the state of the
current generator, as you said even the stock electrics come close to
sapping 19 amps, plus I have an electric thermo operated fan. I have no
radio or other electics operating that are not-stock.

However, my ammeter reads +30 to -30, and when charging well it does reach
+30 so I assume that I have a bit more oomph than a TR3 generator. So seeing
that I have mostly stock electrics it should work. But then why am I having
such a hard time even during the day with no lights on?!?!?

Let me know what you think...

Many thanks,
Michael