RE: Bizarre Boston Triumph Moment

To: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bizarre Boston Triumph Moment
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:08:06 -0700
Freeman, Noah wrote :

> On a seperate note- what is it about 10 year old girls and TR-4s?  While
> none of the women I want to notice the car do (or at least they try not to
> give the impression of doing so) my TR-4 gets huge attention from the 5th
> grade set...my route to work passes a school at about 8am when everyone is
> arriving, and I get a chorus of "Hey mister, nice car" (often in
> unison) as
> I drive by...anyone else noticed this?

I don't know about girls in particular, but I seem to be getting a lot more
attention in the 3A lately.  Had a 10 or 12 year old boy chase me down the
street the other day to ask "Hey, what kind of car is that ?".  Gas station
attendant in his 20's "I've never seen a car like that before".  Grade
school administrator this morning (lady in her 30's) "I like your little
car".  And I always get lots of comments from the grade school set, when I
drop my daughter off.

It's embarrassing, because my car is _not_ in that nice a shape ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver