74 TR6 Front Bearings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 TR6 Front Bearings
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:40:22 -0500
Hi All,

I noticed some bounce in the front end yesterday, so I gave the front wheels
the old 12 and 6 o'clock shake.  The driver side was fine, but the passenger
side had some slop.  The last time I had it in the shop for thrust washers,
the mechanic mentioned it and tightened them up, but I'll feel better when I
change them out.

I've never replaced front bearings in a TR6, but looking at Haynes and
Bentley, it looks straight forward.

Do I need to order bearings from Moss, TRF, etc. or, are there equivalents
available at NAPA, AutoZone, etc.?  If so, do you have the part numbers?
Will I need a puller to get them out, or will a little soft tapping do the
job?

Any "gotchas" that I need to be aware of when I tackle this project this
weekend?

Thanks,

Bill
Atlanta