RE: Brass Screws Posi-Drive?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brass Screws Posi-Drive?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:10:01 -0600

Here's a couple of views of the screws and the bit where you can see the
difference:

        <http://www.keenfastsy.com/Keenpozidrive.cfm>
        <http://www.wihausa.com/742pozidriv90mm.htm>

Basically they are like philips with the + but then there is another four
smaller cross hatches like a x, eight in total. I think the angles are
different as well for the taper of the bit. On the second photo above, you
can see the smaller x ribs on the bit in between the main + ones.

It's possible the early cars used philips. To see what a posi screw looks
like, look at the 4 screws which hold the carb cover on an original ZS carb.
Those are posi for sure. Unless someone changed 'em of course.

Peter Zaborski (CF58310 UO)