Weber DGV on a TR4?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DGV on a TR4?
From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:38:17 -0400
Hello listfriends-

I am looking at a used Weber DGV Downdraft carb for my TR4.  While the
seller does not have the correct manifold, he is offering the DGV at an
attractive price.

I am also going to be putting a 4:1 tubular header in (probably at the same
time)

Questions-
-Does anyone have experience with the DGV?  (it would be replacing a set of
SUs)
        How powerful are they?
        How hard are they to keep up?

-Where could I get the correct manifold for the TR4?

-Do TR4s take double or single DGVs?  my understanding is that the 4 bangers
take 1, the 6 bangers take 2- is that correct?

-Anyone have valve/jet recomendations for DGVs?  Ive seen a ton of info on
TR4 DCOE setups (thensk Teriann!) but is there any on DGVs?

Any thoughts would be helpful

Noah

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions,
business of Bain & Company shall be understood to be neither given
nor endorsed by the Company.  When addressed to Bain clients, any
information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions
in the governing client contract.