Back on the list and an offer

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back on the list and an offer
From: MPRICE <mprice@cybersol.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:16:52 -0400 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f4PDARS28003
Listers
I've rejoined the list after a short hiatus. During BCW no less. While getting
ready for a car show. (It's odd the directions one's mind turns in springtime.)

During the last many months a number of events have shaken my otherwise mundane
life. Most of them are related to my recent marriage. It would seem that my
living room is no longer used primarily for storage for car parts, the dining
table no longer functions primarily as a work bench, and my bedroom no longer
has body panels leaning against the walls. (Her remarks on the first tour of
the house..."I love what you've done to the garage, but where is the house?")

But she is a wonderful woman and enjoys zooming around in the little car with
me. Her own history has a beloved MG Midget in it way back when...and she
recently saw a picture of a Jag XK140 that she has suggested might be a
candidate for a future project. But not for a few years. Meanwhile she indulges
me in my hobby and love of the little cars. Yes indeed, a wonderful woman. I'm
hanging on to her!

Meanwhile, I have too many projects, not enough time or $$$$, and kids that
need to expand their life experience beyond learning welding and proper torque
techniques (or so I'm told, but I'm not sure I believe it yet.) That combined
with my current job search and the eventual household move have compelled me to
offer up two cars to the list.

Both are TR250's that have seen better days. One is a parts car with body and
frame that relegated it to the parts car category. It doesn't even roll. But it
has some usable parts. I think. The other was a future project car. It has a
bunch of parts missing from when I picked it up. It rolls and I think the frame
is in OK shape. Its been over a year since I looked at it. Body panels are
badly rusted so it's not a project for the faint of heart. It will take a LOT
of work to restore.

But, to this list, they're both yours if you come and pick them up. I would
prefer to see them go to someone that can do something with them. All you have
to do is come pick them up. That's right...free!  Otherwise they will be
consigned to the scrap heap.

Give me a call or contact me off list if you are interested. Meanwhile, I have
to go play in the garage.
TTFN
Mark
(616)621-6021