Re: SLOW DOWN!

To: John Warren Moore <jmoore18@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: SLOW DOWN!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 19:09:15 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John Warren Moore wrote:

> I have a '58 TR3A, stock motor, SU carbs. I cant get the idle down below
> 1600 to 2000 rpm!  Adjust screws completely out, timing good.  Any
> advice or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.. THANKS!

John,
A couple of things come to mind:

1. you might have sticky butterflies not allowing them to completely close.

2. YOu might have an imbalanced setup and the idle screw is set too high.
Loosen the interconnecting linkage and see if you can improve the idle
speed by setting them individually.  YOu will of course find it necessary to
synchronize them afterwards.

Joe