TR-6 / 250 Padded Center Dash Support

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 / 250 Padded Center Dash Support
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:29:21 -0800 (PST)
Couple of questions:

Has anyone ever recovered their center dash support?
(over the transmission tunnel - -  holds the radio)

How hard a job is that, and how does it look afterwards?

Has anyone ever tried to put a TR-4 - non padded dash support in a later car.
(I ask because it looks like it would give an extra couple of inches of room
for the driver's right shin)

Finally. . . when I went out to look through the spare parts bins. . . I found
an old padded center dash support.

It is a little different than the one in my 6.
It has three holes (for switches?) under the radio holes.
It also doesn't appear to have the "step" to allow for mounting of the "kidney
pads" / front speaker holders.  Of course. . . it could have been recovered at
some point and the padding is so thick it is hiding this step . . . but it
looks old and original.

Is it out of a TR4A? or a TR250?

How many different versions of this part are there?

TIA

Scott
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/