Needle Bearings

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Needle Bearings
From: "Ben Singleton" <BSINGLE@gwm.sc.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:20:07 -0500
Greetings to the List.  I have been on and off the list for many years.

I found the needle bearing race in the rear axle/trunnions of my Spitfire have
failed.  Would anyone agree that these bearings appear to be rather undersized
for the job?  Wear in the area where the bearing race seats, which is of course
greatest at the top of the trunnion, leads me to believe new bearings would
soon fail for lack of support.  Can anyone offer a recommendation for worn
trunnions?

Thanks,
Ben Singleton
Columbia, SC