Re: welder safety!!

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: welder safety!!
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:56:06 -0600
At 09:17 PM 3/21/2001 -0600, Gary Nafziger wrote:

>I would like others to share about experiences they have had and
>precautions they take.

Here's one:

Just because the part isn't glowing red anymore DOES NOT MEAN you can
safely pick it up.  After a sizzling experiences and a set of flaming
welding gloves my wife bought me one of those non-contact infrared
thermometers from Griot's. I keep it on my welding cart so I can check the
temperature of things before picking them up. I don't really want the word
'Stanpart' branded into my palm. What's that on your hand Erik? oh- that's
my Lucas part number!

-Erik
--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com