re: parts cleaner

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, anabil@caltel.com
Subject: re: parts cleaner
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:09:17 -0700
Bill,
I have a 2 gallon tumbler or shaker I did my carb bodies, dash pots,
float chambers, float covers, and all the lickage parts they all came
out looking wonderful except for a few tight spots. But the most amazing
thing was the Lucas tail light bases I was going to buy new and throw
these ones out until I put them in the polisher wow. I've also done some
of my gauge bezels and will do all the switch bezels from the dash as
well.
This thing is a big labor saver when it comes to polishing small parts
but it does take 8-12 hours in the polisher to get good results.
As far as your dash pots go don't worry to much about them I found that
the polisher really  didn't do much to the inside of the covers, they
where a little cleaner on the inside but not polished. I'm using walnut
shells as well.
A recommendation to every one thinking of buying one of these I bought
mine at a local gun shop for less than a 1/3 of what Eastwood charges
$109.99Canadian for a 2 gallon model that's about $70.00US Eastwood
charges close to $300.00US for an identical unit. The one thing Eastwood
sells for them that I haven't been able to find locally is their rust
cutting media. If any one knows of a cheaper source for this stuff or
what else it's used for so I can find an alternate source let me know.

Doug Hamilton
60TR3A
Calgary Alberta