[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:40:30 -0800 (PST)
Overdrives:

Just this past weekend I was messing with the slow engaging OD on my 70 TR6.
I was driving around with the transmission tunnel cover removed and found that
if I pushed down a hair more on the lever when the OD solenoid was engaged, it
jumped right into OD.

I found that I had to adjust my OD so the lever was actually past where the
book says is correct. (Where the holes in the case and lever are aligned)
When I did so . . . the sucker seems to work great!
It snaps into OD with authority now.

I made my way over to a knowledgeable friend's place to ask if this was okay
and he showed me an OD he was currently rebuilding.  He said he frequently had
to adjust the lever "past" the book adjustment to make them work.  He said as
long as the OD will disengage properly. . . there is no problem.

He also showed me the one way bearing (sprag??) that gets damaged if it is run
in reverse while OD is engaged.  On the A-type at least. . .there is plenty of
reserve pressure stored in that spring / piston  accumulator to engage the OD
even if the car isn't running.

Just my 2cents on the topic.

Scott Tilton

Car Stereo Installers = Wiring Harness Butchers!
Friggin Hazard Lights.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/