Re: Plastic snaps

To: <rmf3860@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Plastic snaps
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:59:48 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On my '75 TR6, several of the plastic female snaps on my hood cover (I
think that's what it's called-the thing that hides the convertible top
when stowed) are broken. The Roadster Factory sells plastic and metal
replacements.

I''d go for the metal ones every time. If the plastic ones sold by TRF
are anything like the original version, some will work harden in a
relatively short time - and later break. They did this when the car
was new but TRF's product may be better. With due apologies to
'original appearance-ists', IMHO the plastic versions aren't worth the
hassle. They were probably only fitted as a cost reduction exercise in
the hopes they'd last out the warranty period.

Jonmac