Re: Converting J type OD to P type?

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Converting J type OD to P type?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:09:07 -0600
At 04:26 PM 3/19/01 -0600, Erik Quackenbush wrote:

>To get 242 HP from a 152 cubic inch TR-6 we're probably talking forced
>induction (with about 12 pounds of boost) or nitrous. I'm guessing economy
>will be measured in MPE (miles per engine). It should be fun to watch at
>the drag strip.

Kas Kastner told us that the factory TR6 race car developed about 250 hp.
This was in full racing trim, using 70's engine building technology.
Much has been learned since then on making power, but even today, a 242 hp
TR6 engine would be essentially a full race engine and would be tough to
drive on the street.

Irv