High Idle Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: High Idle Update
From: CC50506@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:54:20 EST
She who must be obeyed granted me another hour in the garage to use some of
the great advice I received.

The throttle discs are right way round but it warranted a look.  I removed
the bypass valves and taped over the holes, the idle did drop but it ran much
worse than with the valves installed.  (I did replace the diaphragms and
gaskets but am missing one of the small phillips head screws which I may be
able to find at the hardware store).

With the valves off anf the holes taped the Unisysn didn't budge on the front
carb but went RIGHT to the top on the back carb so there is still work to be
done.  AND THEN the rear carb started pouring gas everywhere.  Perhaps the
post this morning on grose jets was right!

I'm now off to baby duty for the rest of the day.  I get to go out in the
garage again next weekend, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks the advice and support!
Steve