Re: STC Question

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STC Question
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:34:48 +0000
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:38:27 -0700
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>

Jerry,
In light of what you (and others) say, I suspect that in order to gain
approval for the addition of the STC plates to the cars that are to have
the
model year changed, California necessitated that they do it on all cars
imported during that period.  That way it would be consistent and would
not
confuse the underpaid DMV inspectors!   -Joe
Hi List!
        I'm very interested in this thread, in the fact that on my '67 TR4/A
IRS certificate states that the cat was shipped from eng.-> SF,CA. I do
NOT have this 'STS...' tag any where on my car. I now own the car [&
regestered in NY], & am understanding that Not All cars had the 'STS'
#plate. Is this correct?
-Cosmo Kramer