STC Question

To: <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: STC Question
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:38:38 -0800
Cc: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi everybody
Hi Joe
Been following the discussion on STC plates. My 1966 TR4A, purchased in
California, has that plate and also the "66" added to the commission number
for the VIN use from the California title. Washington State picked it up and
continued the use in the current title. However, I am wondering about the
model year theory. The BMHT certificate shows CTC66836-L manufactured on 4
March 1966, and dispatched on 6 April 1966. That's well into the 1966 Model
year, and probably too early for the 1967 model year. Unlike the Jaguar
record trace, the BMHT certificate doesn't show the first date of sale, or
the first owner. Too bad, as that's sometimes very interesting. My 1958
Jaguar XK150 Roadster was first purchased by The Reverend John Douglas of
Niagara Falls, New York. His new car was Imperial Maroon, Red interior, Red
wheels, and Black hood (top). Bet he had fun driving that inconspicuous car
through the snow drifts.
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA