Re: * Mileage *

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: * Mileage *
From: "Triumph Driver" <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:03:17 -0800 FILETIME=[08267460:01C0ADCE]
I drive my 62 TR-4 in excess of 300 miles a week, no problem, that is just
back and forth to work, not counting the weekend trips.  I have done this
for the last 5 plus years on this car.  And it has not been rebuilt, at
least not in the 26 years I that have been able to confirm its history.

But, I have done a couple things to it to make it a bit more drivable.
Electronic ignition is well worth the effort.  I also replaced the original
rims with aftermarket wheels to allow a broader selection of tires.  Also
the original steel wheels are almost never all straight, and wire wheels can
be straightened, but with that kind of driving milage they will not stay
straight long.

So yes, that kind of milage is very doable.  Be ready to adjust the carbs
often to keep everything tweaked in and it will work out quite well.

Oh, is your vehicle OD equiped?  For long milage this makes it very nice.

Darrell, in the High Desert of California

62  TR-4  CT 5368 LO  (daily driver)
62  TR-4  CT 10440 L
62  TR-4  CT 13108 L  (long term project)
65  Spit  FC 51603 L
67  Spit  FD 2890 L   (daughters car)
77  Spit  FM 62888 UC  (other daily driver)
79  Spit  FM 98233 UC  (wifes car)