RE: Paint on clean frame?

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Paint on clean frame?
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:10:00 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs@autox. team. net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Joe-
        Any preferred brand names for the paint you favor?   Hopefully not
anything bearing the name Rustoleum;  possible you remember an earlier rant
I posted about the troubles I have had with that stuff.  Incidentally, very
recent experience shows that 3M Seam Sealer applied over Rustoleum  also
causes the dreaded Grunge, as does Dupli-Color's  Rubberized
underbody/undercoat.  In both cases I had to start over again from bare
metal. The Rustoleum had been on the car for 4 days, and I had 'baked' it
with my kerosene heater until there was no perceptible odor from the paint.
( i.e. trapped thinners)
        Your recommendations?
        Bob Westerdale
        59 3A  TS36967

From: Joe Curry [mailto:spitlist@gte.net]

I don't know if it is the "consensus" because I have seen so many people
enraptured with the properties of POR15.  Personally, I have never used the
stuff.  Since the factory didn't either, I likely never will.

I have had such good luck using epoxy primer and enamel paint on the frame
that it is "my" preferred way of doing it.

Joe

P.S. I think that POR15 is also very expensive.