Re: Triumph on telly

To: <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph on telly
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:30:10 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Perhaps those informed on licence plates can add a point on shoot
> location. Looks to me from the last shot of this departing Triumph
> that it's Spanish with a leading B for Barcelona or Bilbao?.

Bill Davies wrote:

I'm not well informed on non-UK numberplates, but the fact it's a
right-hand
drive car suggested to me Australia, New Zealand or South Africa - any
other
offers? And is that another Barb to the left when it first stops?
Cheers,
Bill - who now looks after a Mk1 at the weekends!

Hey, were there TWO? It was enough of a (pleasant) shock seeing just
one! If it's right hand on Spanish plates, it might belong to someone
who relocated to the Costa Concrete to avoid "assisting the filth with
their enquiries" or extradition and has later fallen on hard times,
hence the car(s) being used for an ad shoot? Who knows, it might even
be a former Triumph club committee member who absconded with the
chequebook and bank accounts.  Nah - they're too honest...

Jonmac