TR4A+TR6=TR250

To: <MJSUKEY@cs.com>
Subject: TR4A+TR6=TR250
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@home.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 09:41:26 -0800
Cc: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi there listers...
Marty...
My understanding of the development of the TR6 was that the chassis (engine,
driveline, frame) were ready for introduction before the design of the body.
Therefore, for the 1968 model year, the tooling of the TR4A body was adapted
to make the TR250 body fit onto the newly designed chassis. I own both and
I've recently repaired the front clip of  the TR250, and there are many
small differences between the 250 and the 4A. In repairing this TR250 that
was hit in the front, I considered using a 1969 TR6 frame, but wound up
repairing the original. You will need to modify the inner fender wells to
clear the 6 cylinder, the radiator supports are slightly different, the
front valance has one large hole, and there various holes in the firewall
that are different. The rest the body, as I recall, would bolt on. BTW,
there is a rusty TR250 on Ebay right now. Might be worth getting to have
during your preparation. You could always sell it later.
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA (10 miles from the epicenter)
68 TR250 CD6216L
66 TR4A CTC66836L
66 TR4A CTC70200L
62 TR4 CT293LO