Re: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble
From: "Triumph Driver" <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:59:20 -0800 FILETIME=[1C0D0820:01C0A457]
Well, I have not owned any of my TR-4s for more than 10 years or so, so I am
a little unsure how much of what car is original.  But if the paint on the
underside and under the cross pieces is any reference then two of my cars
have original hoods and one does not.

CT 5368 LO is powder blue, and so are all the nooks and crannies of the
hood.  The hood is a long bubble unit.

CT 10440 L is many colors, but started as red...;) and so are the nooks and
crannies of the hood.  This hood is also a long bubble unit.

CT 13108 L is red, and seems to have started life that color.  But the
underside of the hood is black, so I suspect it is not original.
Interestingly enough, this is a short bubble hood.  I had intended to swap
this hood with the one on 5368 when I do the mythical 100 point rebuild I
have planned for 5368.  Lets see, they are drawing the lottery numbers
tonight, arn't they?   LOL

Darrell, in the High Desert of California

62  TR-4  CT 5368 LO  (daily driver)
62  TR-4  CT 10440 L
62  TR-4  CT 13108 L  (long term project)
65  Spit  FC 51603 L
67  Spit  FD 2890 L   (daughters car)
77  Spit  FM 62888 UC  (other daily driver)
79  Spit  FM 98233 UC  (wifes car)