62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 62 TR4 Long or Short Bubble
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:42:28 EST
Listers,
I see alot of 62`s out there on the List.  I have CT 5521 LO.  It is a CKD
car dispatched to Belgium.  It found it`s way to Florida then to Ohio where
it currently resides.  It has a long bubble which I say is correct.  I have
seen eariler 62`s with long bubbles.  I have seen later 62`s with short
bubbles.  I see Bill Piggot saying in his book the Original Triumph that all
TR4`s up to body #  CT 6429 had the short bubble and after the long bubble.
Unfortunately no body #`s were recorded on CKD cars but I assume he is trying
to tell me that my car should have a short bubble.  I have Concours Judges
threatening to deduct points.  I say that during the production of TR4`s from
about CT 4800 to CT 6429 Triumph used both the short & long bubble or power
bulge on the bonnet. Thats my story and I`m sticking to it!  What do the
other 62`s say?
Thanks for any info,
 Darrell Floyd