TR6 spin on oil filter problem,*(and weber carb). PLEASE HELP

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 spin on oil filter problem,*(and weber carb). PLEASE HELP
From: RX74EVR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 19:04:25 EST
 Hello gang!

I just got my engine done and it fired right up after taking my time and
making sure everything went by the book..Now you have to understand here, i
have NEVER built an engine before..I have owned 82(yes thats 82) cars since I
was 16 ( I am 30 now) and i have done many upon many engine, tranny swaps,
but I have never ever built an engine from scratch until i bought my 75 TR6..
I went ahead and purchased an NOS engine block, an NOS crankshaft, NOS
connecting rods, new rebuilt no-lead head from BPNW, high perf cam from them
also, new pistons, gears, pump, lifters,moss stainless headers, on and on and
on... plus to top it off..TRIPLE WEBERS BABY!..WHOO HOO! I love them! ON the
top sits the TRIUMPHTUNE valve cover, WOW! I cant tell you how much of a joy
it was to hear it fire right up after assembling this for months now..I have
had alot of help from the list, and i want to THANK YOU ALL! You are
wonderful, but I have THREE QUESTIONS now..

My spin on oil filter leaks out the bottom where it fits into block recess,
did someone say once that there is an O-RING alternative to that cheesy flat
ring looking thing?

Second, my webers are running a little rich and are leaking gas out the
stacks when shut off after running for while...Any reason for this? Just
rich, or do i need to change jetting..(does anyone have a good idea what
settings are good for a 9 1/4:1 almost stock engine , but with headers and a
mild cam??

Third, does anyone make a heat shield that goes under the carbs to keep
accidental fuel spillage off the headers to prevent fires?

Thanks again to you all, hope you can help me out again so i can make it to
the VTR in Breckenridge this summer in my own 3 year project..TIA!!!

Paul Seedoff
CF36919U( was going to be O at the end, but gave up on that..dont ask..LOL)
75 TR6