Logic overdrive device

To: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Logic overdrive device
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:01:15 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Mike Kitchener"
>The advert states :
"Logic overdrive switching device . Allows fast overdrive operation .
Overdrive cannot be left in inadvertently , reducing strain on the
overdrive . When changing gear with the overdrive left engaged ,
overdrive drops out automatically. Fits all electrically operated
overdrives ."
The main advantage that I can see is if you need to down-change
quickly when running in overdrive then the overdrive will cut out and
stay out .
Also it would be possible to use all seven gears easily from a
standing start to overdrive top.....could be fun but superfluous ?
All comments welcome .
<

My opinion?  I won't buy one.  I can see down shifting from 4th O/D to
third and winding up in thrid direct.  This is equivilant to a two gear
downshift which is too rare an occurance to warrant spending money on a
device that will trip you up at other times.  What I would prefer is a
device that will hold in O/D during 3 - 4 and 4 -3 gear changes.  This way
the O/D will not be disengaging - re-engaging each time.  An additional
feature is if the OD lockout switches remain off for more than a second
THEN the O/D is locked out (assuming the switch is inadvertantly left on
after coming to a stop).  And of course the dash mounted (stalk mounted on
4's & 6's) will drop out the O/D instantly as desired.

Just my opinion.

Dave Massey