SU Carburetor Rebuild Question

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Carburetor Rebuild Question
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:46:05 -0600
List,

I just ordered a part from Moss that looks very different from what I
expected.  It's part number 365-420, described as a "leak-free replacement
for 295-200" (which is the cork sealing washer on the carburetor jet).  The
original part is a rather thick (about 1/8"?) cork washer with squared
edges, and the new replacement is a thin rubber o-ring, with a round
cross-section, very different in size and appearance from the original.  I
look at this thing, and I can't imagine that there's enough material to seal
properly.  Has anybody else used this?  Does it work?  TIA.

Warren Allen
1960 TR3A TS55177L