Re: Spooky sounds

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "John Summers" <trumpet@bellsouth.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spooky sounds
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:22:23 -0500
At 06:35 AM 3/2/01 -0500, Fred Thomas wrote:
>Call Don Marshall right away, he knows how to fix these things !!!  "FT"
>
>John Summers wrote:
> Hey folks, I have noticed a spooky sound the last couple of days when I
>start my '74 TR 6.  There is a "whirring" sound coming from the side where
>the starter is.  When I rev the engine and the revs are dropping is when
>it happens.  Almost sounds like the teeth of the starter just touching the
>ring gear?  Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks Fred...

Actually, if John will bring the car over to my house this Sunday afternoon
there should be several people who can probably diagnose the problem.  If
that doesn't work, he can leave it out behind the barn for awhile and I'll
guarantee the noise (and most of the rest of the car) will disappear.

Seriously, John... check your TCNF newsletter for directions and bring it
out Sunday.  We'll look it over, and you get free food.

Regards,
Don
In beautiful Macclenny Fla, only 20 easy driving minutes from anywhere...