Re: storing old body panels and TR3B's name

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: storing old body panels and TR3B's name
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:40:43 -0500
Cc: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by TeriAnn Wakeman
>My front apron hung high on the wall of my bedroom for about 5 years.  I
needed a place where it would not get dented and would be out of the way.
 I do not have a garage.  So I put a pair of nails in the wall above the
closet door (12 ft ceilings) spaced right for bolt mounting holes and
hung the apron out of the public part of the house.

After a while I toyed with the idea of hunting up a pair of wings that
were trashed  and cuting them off even with the rear of the front valence
then refinishing everything  and adding the grill, bumper and lights.

I thought maybe it would look better as the complete finished front of a
TR3 on the wall.  I even toyed with the idea of wiring up the lamps.
<

It's a good thing you're not married.  No self respecting wife wouldn't put
up with that (I know mine wouldn't).  But there is a local MG guy
(divorced, of course) who did just that with a wrecked MGB front end.
Complete with flickering lights.  He even dressed out the wall with drywall
shards and it appears the car is crashing through the wall at about the 5
foot level (2nd storey no less).  The effect is quite clever.

But then, cutting up an MG is not the same as cutting up a TR.  ;-)

Just kidding

Dave