Re: eBay vendor

To: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: eBay vendor
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:02:03 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Adrian

Your saga of woe with this purveyor of alleged goods doesn't make you
alone in the dilemma. If its any comfort, I got nicely stuffed 2 weeks
back with a guy who agreed to sell me a Triumph at a pre-agreed price
and undertook to get it MOT'd before collection. I wasn't prepared to
buy it without a clean bill of health and as soon as he'd got it, the
price went up by 300 quid over the previously advertised price AND
when he'd accepted a deposit, given me a receipt stating the selling
price and shaken hands on the deal.
Most conveniently (for him), he'd 'forgotten' to tell me about this
until I'd driven the better part of 50 miles with a mate to collect
'my Triumph' so we could bring both cars back together.
This person who professes to be a gentleman now has the effrontery to
claim I'm the one in breach of contract!!!!!!! What's more, I still
haven't got my deposit back from this excresence of humanity and the
case comes up a month from now in the small claims court. Cheer up,
you're not alone.
Other listers who were aware of this acquisition as a possible
'vacation car' for visiting enthusiasts should note the matter is in
limbo until I find another one. Sorry.

Jonmac