ARRRRGGGHHHH! Lucas strikes again! and others...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ARRRRGGGHHHH! Lucas strikes again! and others...
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:55:12 -0500
I sent this out a few hours ago, but owing to the annoying computer, it sent
it to the digest instead!(Auto complete e-mail address feature strikes
back!)

Anyway, since I wrote the original letter, I have run to Pep Boys and
secured a new set of points and a rotor for the junkyard pull-out Spitfire
distributor. (Funny thing- but a Spitfire takes exactly the same points as
my 52 Seagrave Fire Engine's V-12! But not as many sets...) Anyhow, I
cleaned and reassembled the Spitfire dizzy, and after reseting the dizzy
drive gear(I needed to relocate #1 from 7 o'clock to 9 o'clock as otherwise
the advance unit hit the genny) proceeded to attempt to fire her up. She ran
better on the Spit dizzy than she did on the Lucas replacement one she
recently got, NOS! Very smooth sounding. Now I just have to get the fuel
pump settled, and I'll be in business. Once I have her running great on the
carb, I will screw it all up by putting my rebuilt HS 2's on. Then to find a
decent Spitfire head to rebuild :)

Please enjoy the original message below!