RE: fan belt help

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fan belt help
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:16:53 -0500 com> .com>
I can't help with the 4's belt size, but there is no reason not to go to Pep
Boys or whoever.  Belts are rated by width and length, I don't remember
exactly how the system works, but many stock numbers are a combination of
the size.  Foggy memory sez is a weird combo of metric and english, ie, a
14305 is 14mm wide and 30.5 inches circumference. The alt on a TR8 is 17470.
Any well stocked parts stock should have one for you.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK