TR4A Dealer Accessories and Factory Accessories

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Dealer Accessories and Factory Accessories
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:09:17 -0800
HI Everyone,
We had a lively discussion a while back regarding what were dealer vs.
factory options or accessories for the TR4A.
I have found the accessory literature that I knew I had buried somewhere. A
US printed, undated 3 color brochure from the Standard-Triumph Motor
Company, Teaneck NJ lists the following:
V387    Magnesium Wheels*
V350    Pushbutton Radio*
V435    Front Bumper Guard
V405    Steel Luggage Rack
V187    Aluminum Luggage Rack*
307245  Wood-Rimmed Steering Wheel*
V436    Convenience Group Console*
Applicable to all Models were:
V384    Red Rubber Floor Mats
V383    Black Rubber Floor Mats
V385    White Rubber Floor Mats*
V422    Walnut Gearshift Knob with Emblem*
V421    Walnut Gearshift Knob with Shift Pattern
Fender Mirror [Disc]
Seat Belts* [2 Triumph emblem styles shown]
The same brochure lists the following as "Original Equipment" Accessories:
Heater*
Tonneau Cover*
Wire Wheels
White Wall Tires
Michelin X Tires*
Overdrive
Rear Seat
Windshield Washer*
Soft Top Kit (For Hard Top Model)
Lighter
Independent Rear Suspension*
And of course, "Write for a complete list of SCCA approved competition
equipment."
The * items are the ones my own TR4A, CTC 50497L was supplied with.
The brochure also describes accessories for the Spitfire MK 2, 2000 and
Herald 1200 models.
Hope this will settle any argument next time your in the pub...might even
win you a pint or two!!!
Cheers,

Brad