Re: NON-LBC political

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: NON-LBC political
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:32:24 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I apologize to those I may offend, but many of us here do not feel NAFTA to
be a great deal for us in the US. Not because other countries are doing
anything wrong, but mainly because those companies which were started here,
and have employed our people now may freely close their factories, and move
their production to other countries where they may not be required to
maintain the standards which are required to operate here, and also where
they may pay much less to people with less benefits. And they are willing to
put those same people they expect to purchase their products out of work,
all in the name of their greed. The companies save millions by not having to
pay or provide the benefits to the same level, yet charge just as much to
the consumer in the end. Some say it is the fault of the American workers
and unions for wanting too much, but how can you want too much, when all you
want is your fair share? Corporations are far too worried about showing
profits, and don't care how they go about increasing them.

Needless to say, I am a bit opinionated about American business practices.

Again I apologize if I have offended, however, it is my opinion.

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible