Re: Where in the world e-mail project

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Where in the world e-mail project
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:00:56 -0700
Bill & Skip Pugh wrote:

> Hate to bust your bubble, but this is the re-incarnation of a Spam
> Scam that has occured several times over the years...and just to
> check a look at MapQuest shows there is an Othello, WA but there is
> NO Lutacaga Elementary School there. Please do not take this as a
> "Flame", but as an old retired Systems Admin, I have to respond to
> these scams...they are kind of like a self replicating virus and end
> up clogging the email bandwidth, and stopping really important stuff
> like bald guys driving top down...<G>

Bill, I thought the same thing, and I'm still skeptical, but there actually
IS a Lutacaga Elementary in Othello (google.com search). And the
email address looked fairly legit too. See this link supporting at least
the existence of Lutacaga Elementary School:

http://www.governor.wa.gov/press/1999/99020203.htm

Perhaps the school is an incredibly clever hoax, but more likely it's
a made up project designed to waste our most precious natural
resource, Internet bandwidth, or it's a real project with the same
effect. For our children's sake, please contribute to the Save The
Bandwidth fund I'm starting. Email this to all your friends. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO