Re: TR7 BFH#36 - Lug Centric?

To: <Eganb@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>, <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: TR7 BFH#36 - Lug Centric?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:51:12 EST
I don't know whether TR7 wheels are hub-centric, lug-centric, ego-centric or
what. :-) But original Minilite wheels did take a special shanked lug nut (yes,
I think your descriptive term was correct). My gut reaction is to say: a. You
don't want to rely on a taper; and b. check the "Monster List" from team.net.
There is (hopefully still) a place that had NOS lug nutes for Minilites --
proper shank, depth and the washers to go with them. If that pans out, I'd
contact Minilite and see if they can't supply them. Losing a wheel ain't
sumpin' to mess 'round with, IMHO!

--Andy Mace