RE: "GT4"

To: "'Herald948@aol.com'" <Herald948@aol.com>, spitfire4@ix.netcom.com, t_c_wilson@bigfoot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "GT4"
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:47:37 +0200
Hi Andy .

Thanks for the information and sincere apologies for not responding earlier
. I returned to the office on Monday 15 Jan. and it's taken me up till now
to read through all the mail and finish a few urgent chores . Man , I really
hate work ! Maybe I need a holiday ... again :-)

Nope , I won't be replicating a GT4 or Le Mans Spitfire since I gave the
hard top kit to a fellow Spitfire owner . Guess it was a bit stupid , but (
in my defence ) he didn't have a soft or hard top .
I don't have a thin-gauge steel chassis ( unless a rusty chassis qualifies
as one :-) and I won't drill holes in a stock chassis . I have a steel "Le
Mans style" bonnet , but if it's not the correct one , the pricey alloy
replica will definitely be too pricey for me anyway .

What is meant by a 70X or 79X engine ?

Kind regards
Chris de Wet
Telephone ( 012 ) 3398071 office   or ( 012 ) 2591129 home
Cellphone 083 9989744
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
'56 TR 3 , '62 Herald Coupe , '63 Spitfire  , 2 x '64 Spitfires ,'65 Herald
convertible , '66 Spitfire Mk 2 .