Re: Herald on TV

To: herald1200@home.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Herald on TV
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:53:10 EST
In a message dated 01/11/2001 7:57:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
herald1200@home.com writes:

> Just watching an late "Leave it to Beaver" episode, from somewhere in the
> mid-60's, and Wally and Eddie were parking cars for a friends wedding
> reception. As they were returning the cars to the guests, Wally pulls up in
> Herald 948! You never got to see much of the car, but a minifin, white
> speedometer, and the handle on the hood gave it away. That, and it had the
> two
> tone interior- where it had the little patch of white on whatever the
> interior
> color was. I also noticed a Spitfire fuel filler on another car they were in
> front of. Guess they couldn't make all the cars in the series Chryslers!...
>
> Scott
> 64 Herald 1200 of dubious draft proofing :)

Towards the end, when Eddie is looking for the missing car...Wally walks past
a TR4 parked at the curb!  You can only see the top of the rear wings, the
fuel cap, the tonneau, and the windscreen...but it was definitely a
TR4...must have been some enthusiasts on the set.

RH