Re: pulsing - wow! hey... how about this one!

Subject: Re: pulsing - wow! hey... how about this one!
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:21:25 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul :

I believe you'll find that there is a vent in the bottom of the carbon
cannister (the end away from the hose connections).  It _should_ be
impossible for the cannister to communicate vacuum to the bowl and tank
vent lines, but it's possible the cannister vent is blocked somehow.

The test is easy, just pull the tank and bowl vent lines off the
cannister, make sure they can't tangle with anything, and try driving
the car.  You should not be able to detect any difference.  If it makes
a difference, you may have a defective cannister. (I once succeeded in
filling one with mud, but not on a LBC.)

According to my Spitfire Haynes, the filter in the bottom of the
cannister should be changed every 15K miles.

Randall